Friday, March 02, 2007

Goodbye Barchetta

AKA "The Barbie Corvette" (thanks Chris), the Barchetta was sold yesterday. Despite being a Fiat, she never broke down on me. Thank goodness, because I could never find a mechanic to work on her.

When I first arrived in Italy in 2000 from England, I immediately decided to buy a convertible to enjoy all the sun here. The Barchetta took me all over Northeastern Italy, Eastern Austria, Germany, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Slovenia and Croatia. If you really want to you can count San Marino also, but isn't that kind of pushing it?

She will be sorely missed, and I doubt I will ever have another like her.

2 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger Chris and Natalie said...

You miss her, don't you?

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Marianne and Bryant said...

Why did you sell it? Did Chris make you a great offer?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home