Friday, January 05, 2007

Real life

We were driving home from some shopping today and I saw this guy pulling hay home from the fields.


I stopped and spoke with him. His name is Marcello. He had cut the hay for his rabbits, which he said were the best around. A friendly guy, he wanted to know more about me than I wanted to know about him! Very polite, and formal. It is always strange for me to be addressed in formal Italian by older people, but it is just a sign of respect. Unfortunately, as I learned Italian in bars and among friends, I really lack the formal language. All in all, I was probably rude.
Marcello wrote down his address and asked me to send him some prints. Unfortunately, I had the camera on the wrong setting and the pic is blurry. But, we went to Maniago afterwards and made some prints anyway. I'll put them in the post tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home