Monday, August 28, 2006

News from the trip

The trip to Germany for PRK was enjoyable, and Marie and I were able to spend some time with her family while I recovered. I'll post some photos of that part later.

On the return trip we stopped in Baselga di Pine, outside of Trento, to visit Pierre and Margherita, our good friends from Venice. They were there for the summer holidays, along with Margherita's parents, and took us mushroom hunting one day.


This was only the second time in my life I've picked mushrooms, and the first in Europe. Margherita's dad was nice about showing me where to look and how to tell edible from toxic. Here he is trimming the mushrooms we gathered.


I was lucky enough to stumble acrosss the largest find of the day, a beautiful porcini. On top of the sheer size of the thing, it was a rare Boletus aereus, rather than the more common Boletus Edulis. Look at that monster!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home