Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Bike path


I had posted before about my commute home on the bike path. On the way to work I ride the roads. There's no traffic at 6 in the morning, but coming home is a different story and the new bike path combined with back-roads is more tranquil.

I had promised a friend a map of the bike path. Here it is, courtesy of Google Earth and GPS. This is from my work to the Piazza in Grizzo di Monterreale Valcellina. Click on it to expand.


The village to the north of Aviano is Marsure. While the bike path runs from Marsure through Aviano, it is only marked on the side of the road there. Between Marsure and Grizzo is where it splits from traffic and heads through the fields.

Another advantage of the path is a gradual climb. Staying on the road brings you to a nice climb, but it can get tiring every day. Lurking in the wooded area on Via Selva north of Marsure lurks a Cat 3 climb. The profile of the bike path, on the other hand, is much steadier.


Of course time is another tradeoff. This ride was 56 minutes, compared to 45 on the road with the same effort. The fact that I'm not roadkill more than makes up for 11 minutes of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home