Monday, January 21, 2008

Toys & Projects

I'm finally getting ready to go enjoy Utah. Last weekend I hit the slopes at Wolf Mountain - a dinky little 3 lift ski area, but cheap and all I needed to get some runs under my legs. Took an hour or so before I was linking turns on blue slopes, then a bit more before I could straight shoot some of the easy blacks. I definatly need a lot more work, but it has been 13 years since I skied!

Last week I picked up a used Alpine Touring setup - older Powder Cruises with Fritschi Freeride bindings and Garmont G-fit boots. I'll probably junk the skies after this season, but the bindings and boots are in good shape.


2 Feb I have my Avalanche I course, followed by an Intro to Mountaineering trip the 16th through 18th and a Winter Skills Yurt trip the 22nd thru 24th. I'm hoping I can get 1 or 2 AT days between those. I picked up a nice pair of Asolos from Sierra Trading Post dirt cheap, and got a Suunto X9 GPS for a present (thanks Ty!).
Unfortunatly, there are 2 things holding up all this fun. I have a promotion test the end of Feb, and the GRE next week, so this weekend has been a wash.
Ian enjoys the studying about as much as I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home